The Bridge hosts its inaugural Run Walk Bark 5K Race/1K Walk on Sunday, June 28. The event takes place at Brook Run Park in Dunwoody.
For troubled and abused kids in our community, The Bridge provides residential, therapeutic and educational services. Proceeds from the event benefit The Bridge’s Animal Assisted Therapy Program. This is a pretty cool program … dogs are part of a therapy treatment for abused youth. Kids learn coping skills and establish a sense of security and comfort with themselves and with others.
The event includes a 5K race (people only; no dogs) at 7:30 a.m. and a 1K dog walk that starts at 8:30 a.m. Registration is available at Active.com. If you’re not able to participate but want to help, you can make a donation at the event site. Register by June 22 and pay $20. The event fee goes up to $25 after June 23.
This week’s running route is courtesy of the Oakhurst Running Club. It runs along the East Lake Golf Course.
· Start at One Step at a Time
· Head west down East Lake Dr.
· Turn left on Wisteria Way
· Turn right on Rockyford Rd
· Turn left on College Ave
· Turn left on Howard St.
· Turn left on Hosea L. Williams Dr.
· Veer right onto Oakview Rd
· Veer right onto Cottage Grove Rd.
· Turn right on 3rd Ave.
· Turn left on Alston Dr.
· Turn left on Spence Ave.
· Turn right on E. Pharr Rd.
· Turn left on Garland Ave.
· Turn right on S. McDonough St.
· Turn left on W. Hill St.
· End at One Step at a Time