The thought of traffic and mall crowds doesn't necessarily put me in the holiday spirit. If you've got a runner on your gift list, here are a few stocking stuffers that don't require a stop at the mall.
- Pedicure: Taking proper care of the feet is essential for runners. Hang nails, black toe and other common problems can make running a painful experience. Add a gift certificate for a pedicure to your runner's stocking.
- Sports Massage: Does your runner need more pampering? Consider a gift certificate for a massage. Natural Body has neighborhood locations throughout Atlanta.
- Socks: A great pair of socks keep feet comfortable and dry. Avoid the crowds by heading to a local running store. Big Peach Running Co., Fleet Feet, One Step At A Time and West Stride have knowledgeable staff and convenient neighborhood locations.
- Reflective Vest: Keep your runner visible and safe. The local running stores mentioned above can offer lots of options for reflective gear.
- Race Registration: Is your runner training for the ING Georgia or another big event? Race fees often go up after December 31. Pay for their registration online and place the confirmation print-out in their stocking.