Saturday, December 20, 2008

Nursing a Running Injury: Part 2

It’s been almost two months since I wrote about my knee injury. Unfortunately, the soreness still lingers which makes it difficult to run. The symptoms I’m experiencing are similar to those described for Runner’s Knee. Earlier this month, I had an evaluation at the Emory Orthopaedics Center and nothing looked unusual. So now I’m taking a prescription anti-inflammatory pill and Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM supplement.

Beth Moore at Traxee wrote a great blog post about the frustrations of being sidelined with a running injury. Like Beth, there’s a lot I miss about running. Clearing my head after a tough day. The satisfaction and confidence that comes after a long run. Seeing my neighborhood the way it was meant to be seen. It’s tough driving by other runners and feeling a pang of jealousy. Swimming is an alternative, but my motivation to get to the pool is lacking.

With the new year approaching, I’m hoping to return to running.

This week’s route is a 3-mile run that starts at Fernbank Museum. You can find the route at Map My run under my group Atlanta Running.

· Start at the parking lot of Fernbank Museum
· Turn right on Clifton Rd.
· Turn right on E. Clifton Rd.
· Turn right on Clifton Rd.
· Turn left on N. Decatur Rd.
· Turn left on Oxford Rd.
· Turn right on Clifton Rd.
· Follow Clifton back to Fernbank Museum

No comments: