I’m finally catching up on my blog after spending two weeks traveling. Just in time to start thinking about holiday shopping. With gift giving on my mind, I thought I’d share a few ideas for useful and inexpensive gifts for runners. Here are a few items to consider as stocking stuffers:
Give the gift of safety with pepper spray. You can find runner-friendly spray canisters at sporting goods stores and online retail sites.
Help runners stay visible on the road with reflective apparel. Vests are an inexpensive way to make sure cars and cyclists see runners during dawn and dusk. And don’t forget the four-legged running partner. You can find reflective dog leashes and collars are available at a variety of online stores.
Running in cold weather can be tough on the body. Give the gift of pampering with a certificate for a massage. Local spas like Natural Body offer a variety of massage choices.
Paid entry for road race
You’ll find a comprehensive list of road races at Run Georgia. This is a great gift option for runners who love to participate in races.
ClifShots or Luna Moons
Cheap and easy stocking stuffers. These are handy to have during long runs to maintain energy levels.
Along with reflective vests, head lamps are a great item to keep runners visible on the road.
Road I.D. provides a variety of wearable identification for athletes. My favorite is the shoe pocket.
I discovered WalkJogRun.net which is a great resource for running routes. This week's feature run is the Highland Bakery Route that loops through Inman Park.
Highland Bakery Route - 3.75 Miles
· Start at the corner of McClendon Ave. and Oakdale Rd.
· Head west on McClendon toward Little Five Points
· Cross Morehead Ave and veer left onto Euclid Ave
· Turn right on Austin Ave.
· Turn right on Elizabeth St.
· Turn left on Highland Ave.
· At the corner of Highland and Sampson, make a sharp right and follow the running path along Freedom Parkway
· Continue on the path as it follows Copenhill Ave.
· Follow the running path back to McClendon Ave.
· Turn right on McClendon.
· End at the corner of McClendon and Oakdale.