Among the movies featured at this year’s Atlanta Jewish Film Festival is Run for Your Life. It’s the story of Fred Lebow, the legendary founder of the New York City Marathon. The film is a celebration of running and a man who made a lasting impact on the sport.
You can see the film next Sunday, January 18 at the Lefont Theater in Sandy Springs. It starts at 11:50 a.m. Atlanta’s own legendary runner Jeff Galloway will introduce the film. You can purchase tickets and view a trailer for the movie at the film festival’s site.
This week’s route is a 3.5 mile run through Druid Hills and Fernbank. You can find the route at Map My Run under my group Atlanta Running.
· Start at the parking lot of the Fernbank Museum
· Turn right on Clifton Rd
· Turn right on E. Clifton Rd
· Turn right on Conventry Rd
· Turn right on Heaton Park Dr
· Turn left on Atwood Rd
· Turn right on Ponce de Leon Ave
· Turn right on N. Ponce de Leon Ave
· Turn right and cross Ponce de Leon Ave
· Veer right onto S. Ponce de Leon Ave
· Cross Ponce de Leon
· Turn left on Lullwater Estate
· Follow Lullwater back to Ponce de Leon
· Turn left on Ponce de Leon
· Turn left on Clifton Rd
· End at the Fernbank parking lot