Monday, November 2, 2009

Product Review: thriv running apparel

I was recently offered an opportunity to review a running shirt from thriv, a new brand entering the athletic apparel market. Let me start first with a disclaimer: I received two shirts for free to review (one for me and one for my husband). I’m under no obligation to publish my review, and the opinions that I share are based on my and my husband’s experiences. O.K -- so now for my review.

To be honest, I was pleasantly surprised by the shirt. It feels lighter and softer than the typical running shirt that’s designed to wick sweat. And it’s quite comfortable. I wore the shirt twice during afternoon runs when the weather was in the low 70s. Typically, I get warm pretty quickly so I don’t like to keep a shirt on for long. I was a bit amazed that I felt pretty comfortable wearing this shirt throughout each of my 50-minute runs. It did a good job of wicking away sweat. My husband also liked the shirt and his feedback was similar to mine. Washing instructions are the same for other sports apparel I own (cold water wash/tumble dry low). The brand promotes its use of bamboo and organic cotton as key materials. I appreciate the use of a sustainable plant like bamboo (regarded as the fastest growing woody plant on the earth). It would be really cool if thriv could eventually offer a garment recycling program like Patagonia’s Common Threads. You can purchase thriv apparel at Sports Authority online and at select Sports Authority stores. My husband and I tested the short-sleeve shirts that sell for $24.99. The brand also includes long-sleeve shirts, shorts, pants and racer-back tops.

No comments: