Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Favorite Running Gear

Most runners that I know have a few items they consider essential for running. Here are my favorites:

Garmin Forerunner 305
I’m a big fan of the Garmin Forerunner 305. It’s a GPS device that’s worn like a wrist watch. You can track your milage, running pace, and calories burned. It’s great when you want to explore a neighborhood or discover a new running route.

B.O.B. Revolution Stroller
In my opinion, it’s the best running stroller. The front wheel has an option for a swivel or locked setting. At 8 pounds, it’s light weight and simple to maneuver. Plus it’s easy to clean. Best of all, my child loves riding in this stroller. You can usually get a good deal on the B.O.B. Revolution stroller during REI’s May anniversary sale.

Pepper Spray
Safety counts. No matter how familiar I am with a neighborhood, I don’t leave home without my pepper spray. Most sporting-goods stores carry pepper sprays in runner-friendly containers.

What’s your favorite gear? Share your thoughts by commenting to this blog.

Featured running route (also saved in Map My Run at my group Atlanta Running):

Decatur to Little Five Points – 8.16 miles

· Start at Fellini’s at Commerce St. and Sycamore Place
· Turn right at Howard Ave.
· Stay on Howard/Dekalb Ave. for approximately 2 miles. Pass the East Lake Marta Station.
· Turn right on Ridgecrest Rd.
· Turn left on McClendon Ave.
· Stay on McClendon for approximately 2 miles. Pass Flying Biscuit Café and Candler Park.
· Turn right on Moreland Ave.
· Turn right on Ponce de Leon Ave.
· Take Ponce de Leon Ave. through Druid Hills to Downtown Decatur
· Once in Downtown Decatur, turn right on Church St.
· Turn left on Sycamore St.
· Turn right on Sycamore Place
· Cross Commerce St. and return to Fellini’s parking lot

No comments: