Based on a strong response from Decatur runners, the recently opened Big Peach Running Company (BPRC) has organized two weekly group runs. The runs are offered on Tuesday and Thursday nights at 6:30 p.m. Runners have the option of a three, four or five-mile route.
There was a good showing for the first run this Tuesday. I ran the five-mile route, which covers Oakhurst and Downtown Decatur. Although the weather was hot (and I was pushing a 3 ½ year-old in a stroller), it was still a pretty nice run. The route took me through parts of Oakhurst that I wasn’t familiar with. If you’re looking for a group running experience in Decatur, it’s worth checking out.
Here’s the five-mile route – it’s also saved in Map My Run under my group Atlanta Running.
Big Peach Running Company – Decatur (5 miles)
· Start at BPRC at 114 E. Trinity Pl.
· Facing Trinity, turn left on Trinity (towards Church St.)
· Turn right at S. Candler St. (by the Dairy Queen)
· Cross the railroad tracks and pass Agnes Scott College
· Turn right on E. Davis St.
· Turn left on S. McDonough St.
· Turn right on W. Hill St.
· Turn right on Oakview Rd.
· Veer left on Ansley St.
· Turn left on McDonough St. and cross the railroad tracks.
· At Trinity turn left and pass the courthouse
· Turn right on Swanton Way
· Turn left on Ponce de Leon Pl.
· At Clairmont Ave. turn right
· Cross Commerce and turn left on E. Ponce de Leon Ave.
· Turn right at Sycamore Pl.
· Turn left on Sycamore St.
· Turn left on N. Candler St.
· Turn right on E. Trinity and end run at BPRC