To learn more about the training program, GOTR is hosting a Team Tiara Info Night next Tuesday, July 1 at 6:30 pm at Phidippides in Sandy Springs. You can also find information at its Team Tiara Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/p.php?i=651766007&k=Y6FY22Q2U2VM5AEGYCXYTW
Here's one of my favorite training routes I ran in preparation for the ING Georgia Half-Marathon. It's also available at my group page Atlanta Running.
Decatur to Druid Hills - 10.6 miles
- Start at Fellini’s at Commerce St. and Sycamore Place St.
- Turn right at Howard St.Stay on Howard/Dekalb Ave. for approximately 2 miles. Pass Decatur Hight School and the East Lake Marta Station.
- Turn right on Ridgecrest St.
- Turn left on McClendon Ave.
- Stay on McClendon for approximately 2 miles. Pass Flying Biscuit Café and Candler Park.
- Turn right on Moreland Ave.
- Turn right on Fairview Rd.
- Turn left on Springdale Rd.
- Turn right on N. Decatur Road.
- Turn left on Oakdale Rd.
- Turn left Ponce de Leon Ave. through Druid Hills to Downtown Decatur.
- Once in Downtown Decatur, turn right on Church St.
- Turn left on Sycamore St.
- Turn right on Sycamore Place St.
- Cross Commerce St. and return to Fellini’s parking lot