A recent web search on running communities pulled up a link for Traxee. Traxee brands itself as a social networking site for women runners. It features a collection of blog posts from women runners, information on gear and training. You can also track your runs through applications offered at the site. Setting up an account is easy. But because it’s still in beta, I’m not able to feed my blog posts to my profile.
During my web search, I was looking to see if running shoe companies offered online communities for runners at their sites. I was surprised to see that the major brands did not feature any Web 2.0 tools for runners to connect with the brands and each other. As evident by Traxee, Runner’s World and hundreds of individual running blogs, there’s a huge community of runners interested in connecting and sharing stories.
This week’s route is a 3-mile loop around Georgia Tech. I found it at Run.com, which is a handy resource for local running routes. The route was originally posted by Sierra Nicholson. I’ve included it at Map My Run under my group Atlanta Running.
Georgia Tech 3-Mile Loop:
· Start at the corner of 5th St. and W. Peachtree St. NW
· Head down 5th St. towards Georgia Tech
· Cross Techwood Dr. and Fowler St.
· Veer left on 5th St. as it turns into Ferst Dr.
· Follow Ferst Dr. around the campus
· Turn left on Cherry St.
· Turn right on Bobby Dodd Way
· Turn right on Williams St.
· Turn left on North Ave.
· Turn left on W. Peachtree St. NW
· End run at 5th and W. Peachtree or repeat to increase mileage