Congratulations to the runners who participated in this year’s Peachtree Road Race. The race is a Fourth of July tradition in Atlanta and spectators make sure it’s a festive and patriotic celebration. While I haven’t run the race in a few years, I continue to be amazed at the Atlanta Track Club’s (ATC) logistics expertise for managing an event of this size.
I was curious to hear from runners about their thoughts on the race’s new route and its impact on their Peachtree experience. Some runners found it tough ending the race on an uphill at Juniper. Everyone that I talked to missed the Piedmont Park experience. However, there was lots of kudos for the ATC. Runners felt the Track Club did a top-notch job managing the event despite the challenges of hosting 55,000+ people at the Civic Center’s parking lot.
How was your race experience? Share your feedback by contributing comments to this blog.
This week’s featured run is from Virginia-Highland to Inman Park. You can access a map of this route at Map My Run under my group Atlanta Running.
Virginia-Highland to Inman Park - 4 miles:
· Start at the corner of Virginia Ave and N. Highland Ave.
· Run down N. Highland Ave towards Ponce de Leon Ave.
· Cross Ponce and Freedom Parkway
· Turn left on Cleburn Ave.
· Turn left on Seminole Ave.
· Turn right on Sinclair Ave.
· Sinclair merges into Austin
· Turn left on Elizabeth Ave.
· Turn right on Euclid Ave.
· Turn left on Moreland Ave.
· Turn left on Mansfield Ave.
· Turn right on Seminole Ave.
· Turn right on Cleburn Ave.
· Turn right on N. Highland Ave End run at N. Highland and Virginia