Running Groups Thrive in Atlanta
Through a Google search on Atlanta running, I was pleasantly surprised to see the number of group runs organized in the metro area. There are groups that cater to a variety of fitness levels, distances, and personal interests. At the Atlanta Track Club’s (ATC) site, I found over 60 group runs listed for every day of the week. I’ve listed a few below:
Oakhurst Running Club
Meets Wednesday at 7:00 pm and Saturdays at 9:00 am in front of One Step at a Time, located in Decatur at 650 East Lake Drive.
Virginia-Highlands Running Club
This group meets Wednesdays at 7:00 pm near the fire station on N. Highland Avenue.
Roswell Runners Club
Starts at 6:30 pm on Thursdays near the Square at Chaplin’s Restaurant on 555 South Atlanta Street.
Chattahoochee Road Runners
Mondays at 6:00 pm in Marietta, behind the TGI Friday’s on Powers Ferry Road.
Windward Road Runners
Meets on Saturdays at 6:30 am at the Starbucks located at 3070 Windward Parkway.
This week’s featured run comes from the UPS Health and Fitness Center. It’s a 4.5 mile loop through Sandy Springs and Dunwoody. You can access a map of this route at Map My Run under my group Atlanta Running.
UPS Run – Sandy Springs/Dunwoody:
· Start at the corner of Abernathy and Glenlake Parkway (near 400)
· Turn right on Glenlake Parkway
· Turn right on Glenridge Drive
· Turn left on Spalding Drive
· Stay on Spalding Drive (turn right at Dairymple Rd and Spalding Dr)
· Turn right on Peachtree-Dunwoody Road
· From Peachtree-Dunwoody, turn left onto Abernathy Road
· End at start point