Through its running programs, GOTR fosters self-confidence and a healthy lifestyle among young girls. Girls ages 8 to 13 are eligible to participate. Programs are offered at local schools, YMCAs, and Girls, Inc. sites.
Runners can support GOTR by participating in its Team Tiara program. It’s a great opportunity to train with other runners for the ING Georgia Marathon/Half-Marathon and raise funds for GOTR. Runners of any age, gender, or ability are encouraged to participate. If you’d like to support GOTR through Team Tiara, you can set-up a fundraising page at Active.com. You can also support GOTR by donating at my fundraising page. I'm committed to raising at least $262.
This week’s route is a 3.5-mile run through Piedmont Park and the Ansley Park neighborhood. You can find the route at Map My Run under my group Atlanta Running.
- Start at the Piedmont Park entrance on 10th St. and Charles Allen Dr.
- Turn right on 10th St., heading towards Piedmont Ave.
- Turn right on Piedmont Ave.
- Turn left on 15th St.
- Follow 15th St. to Peachtree Circle
- Turn right on Peachtree Circle
- Turn right on The Prado
- Veer left onto Maddox Dr.
- Turn right on Park Lane
- Cross Piedmont Ave. and enter the park (by the entrance for the Atlanta Botanical Garden)
- Follow the path through the park and end at 10th St. and Charles Allen Dr.