It’s time to update my iPod with a new song list. Since I mostly use it when I’m running, I decided to search for songs that will keep me mentally motivated and energized. Here are a few selections that I plan to add:
· Going the Distance (Cake)
· One Week (Barenaked Ladies)
· Come Original (311)
· We Got the Beat (The Go-Gos)
· Call Me (Blonde)
· Crazy (Gnarls Barkley)
· Hey Ya! (Outkast)
· Got Caught Stealing (Jane’s Addiction)
· Higher Ground (Red Hot Chili Peppers)
· Beautiful Day (U2)
· Bitter Sweet Symphony (Verve)
· Freedom! ‘90 (George Michael)
· Personal Jesus (Depeche Mode)
· Ring of Fire (Johnny Cash)
· 100 Days, 100 Nights (Sharon Jones and The Dap-Kings)
· Any podcast from This American Life
This week’s route is a 4 mile run loop around Grant Park. You can find the route at Map My Run under my group Atlanta Running.
· Start at the entrance to the Zoo, on Cherokee Ave. and Georgia Ave.
· Facing the park, turn left down Cherokee
· Turn right on Sydney St.
· Turn right on Park Ave.
· Turn left on Berne St.
· Turn right on Blvd Dr.
· Turn right on Atlanta Ave.
· Turn right on Cherokee